Re: serial console on Pi Zero W

On Mon, 23 Aug 2021 12:20:23 +0200
Edgar Fuß <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost> wrote:

> > TTL voltage (3.3V)
> TTL is 5V. 3.3V is LV-TTL etc.

Thank you for making this point. I know just enough basic electronics to
understand how much more true electronics engineers know.

Pi Zero W seems to have the same primary/secondary UART assignment as Pi
3 and 4:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/computers/configuration.html#secondary-uart

A cheap USB-TTL cable that on the serial end has four wires (black,
white, green and red) crimped with Dupont connectors works fine with my
Pi 3 and Pi 4 (without the red wire, with "enable_uart=1" in the Pi
bootloader's config.txt, idle voltage at the cable ends is 3.4V DC max).
I don't have a Zero W to test. Hopefully this extra information helps.

--
    Denis Ovsienko