Re: panic: /e: bad dir ino 584288256 at offset 0: null entry

Hal Murray <hmurray%megapathdsl.net@localhost> writes:

> gdt%lexort.com@localhost said:
>> My guess is that something is wrong on your filesystem that fsck does not
>> check for.
>
> What sort of things does fsck not check for?

Probably there are several.

> I'd expect it they would be important to track down and fix.

Yes, using a debugger on the kernel and figuring out what is wrong, or
using fsdb and figuring it out, and adding coverage to fsck would be
great.

I was suggesting an alternate path for a user who wanted to get a
working system, who perhaps couldn't deal with continued flakiness.

I suppose we need a fuzzer for filesystems.