Re: Broadcom Wi-Fi in Pinebook Pro extremely crashy

On Mon, Jun 08, 2020 at 06:16:41PM +0200, Benny Siegert wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am running NetBSD-current on the Pinebook Pro and have found the
> Broadcom Wi-Fi very prone to crashes.
>
> A 9.99.64 kernel from about a week ago kept spamming the console with
> "bwfm0: checksum error". A 9.99.65 kernel from today does less of
> this, but occasionally, e.g. when downloading large files over scp,
> the system will hang after
>
> bwfm0: checksum error
> bwfm0: header larger than mbuf
> bwfm0: checksum error
>
> This is not a panic, the system just becomes totally unresponsive, and
> I have to long-press the power button.
>
> Is this a known issue?

Not sure there's a problem report, but I've seen similar problems with
SDIO bwfm(4) on NanoPi NEO Plus2.  In that case bwfm0 quits working, but
the machine is otherwise responsive on Ethernet and serial console after
that.

Not sure I've seen the "header larger than mbuf" message before though.
I've seen plenty of the "checksum error" ones though.

	Jonathan