Re: Xfce 4.14 and Firefox Browser for armv7

On Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:44:48 +0500
Dmitrii Postolov <dpostolov%yandex.ru@localhost> wrote:

> Hi to all! Sorry for my bad English...
>
> I use NetBSD 9.0 RELEASE on a microcomputer FriendlyARM NanoPi M1
> armv7. Xfce 4.14 (pkgsrc-2019Q4) was successfully build, but this
> process took about 2 days. I could not build the Firefox Browser for
> pkgsrc-2019Q4, 2020Q1, and pkgsrc-current, its build ends with
> errors. Could developers of NetBSD to build Xfce 4.14 and Firefox
> Browser for the packages earmv7hf upcoming pkgsrc-2020Q2
> (http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/earmv7hf/)?
>
> -- Dmitrii

Hello, this may be more appropriate for pkgsrc-users%netbsd.org@localhost as
pkgsrc developers who work on firefox fixes are more likely to be
subscribed to that list.

I would also suggest submitting a new pkgsrc bug with the exact errors.
Emails sometimes get overlooked, so this is a better way to track
issues. I think Firefox build is notorious for consuming large amounts
of memory, so may not be suitable for building on small ARM systems.
But I'm not a Firefox developer and you didn't provide any error
messages, so who knows.