Re: NetBSD-9 with BeagleBone Black

On Sat, 9 May 2020 14:11:48 +0100
Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I don't seem to be able to boot NetBSD from SD card. Am I doing
> something wrong, or this is a known issue?

OK, not used this board for a while and forgot that you need to press
and hold boot button in order to force it to boot from SD card.

Managed to boot FreeBSD with their instructions:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/action/show/arm/BeagleBoneBlack?action=show&redirect=FreeBSD%2Farm%2FBeagleBoneBlack

However NetBSD just doesn't work. Tried NetBSD-8.2 and got this bug
http://gnats.netbsd.org/52759. Tried NetBSD-9.0 and it doesn't even get
as far as booting, just keeps printing CCCCCC... indefinitely.

Maybe someone should update this page
(https://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/beaglebone/) and make it clear
that the hardware is not supported, or if it needs some specific
bootloader, etc.