Re: DS1307 on NetBSD 9 RPI2 and RPI3

> On Apr 23, 2020, at 5:59 PM, Brad Spencer <brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> That was for a RPI2, for the RPI3, I did the proper thing and used
> brcm,bcm2837 .. these strings seem to be mostly located in
> src/sys/external/gpl2/dts/dist/arch/arm ..  you compile this with
> something like "dtc -I dts -O dtb -o ds3231_rpi3.dtbo ds3231_rpi3.dts"
> and place the dtbo file in /boot/overlays.  For the RPI the config.txt
> file will need a line with something like "dtoverlay=ds3231_rpi3.dtbo"

If you want, you can put your .dts overlay source files in the same directory as your kernel config file, and then add this to the kernel config file:

makeoptions     DTS_OVERLAYDIR="${THISARM}/conf"
makeoptions     DTS_OVERLAYS="
        ds3231_rpi3.dts
"

(You can have multiple overlays here.)

Anyway, that will cause them to get built automatically at the same time as your kernel.

-- thorpej