SATA interface for NanoPi Neo

Hi, all,

I think the toughest problem I've had with NetBSD on the NanoPi lately is figuring out which NanoPi is which :P

I just tested a Neo 2 with a 64 bit image accidentally paired with a 32 bit userland, and everything worked wonderfully.

I'm now testing a Neo with Friendly's "1-bay NAS dock":

http://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/index.php/1-bay_NAS_Dock_v1.2_for_NanoPi_NEO/NEO2

Of course this is expected to be a USB device, but I don't understand their talk of master and slave. Is this just another way of saying host and device?

If it's just a "slave" device, then it should Just Work (tm). However, it's not found by the kernel:

https://dmesgd.nycbug.org/index.cgi?do=view&id=5453

Also, I'm guessing that the RTC should just be an I2C device. Is there an easy way to scan I2C from userland, or do I need a kernel with options I2C_SCAN?

Thanks!
John