Re: Installing NetBSD on PINEBOOK Pro

Marc Baudoin <babafou%babafou.eu.org@localhost> écrit :
> Aymeric Vincent <aymericvincent%free.fr@localhost> écrit :
> > Marc Baudoin <babafou%babafou.eu.org@localhost> writes:
> > > but, when I power on the PINEBOOK Pro, the screen stays black and
> > > the device powers off by itself.
> >
> > I had to flip the eMMC switch to deactivate it in order to boot from the
> > SD card. Otherwise the u-boot comes from the eMMC and the NetBSD kernel
> > freezes during bootup with that u-boot.
>
> Thanks, it works that way but it makes installing to the eMMC
> impossible...

As a matter of facts, one needs to switch off eMMC while the
laptop is off by changing switch 24 as indicated on:

https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pinebook_Pro#Mainboard_Switches_and_Buttons

Then turn the laptop on with the micro-SD card in to boot from it
and change back switch 24 after turning it on but before the
kernel starts so it can detect the eMMC.

At least it worked for me.  Then I tried to install NetBSD on
eMMC by using sysinst, fetching files by HTTP but sysinst doesn't
install a kernel nor the X11 sets (although I requested a full
installation).  Am I doing something wrong?

Sorry if I'm asking silly questions but I'm not accustomed to the
ARM architecture (yet).