Re: UBoot vs. BeagleBone on-board eMMC?

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019, John D. Baker wrote:

When I updated UBoot on my BeagleBone Green, I noticed that it prefers to
load UBoot from the on-board eMMC device.  (I had only updated it on the
uSD card at that point and when I reset the board it loaded the old UBoot.)

To get my BeagleBone Black to boot from the SD card slot by default, I simply deleted the bootloader on the eMMC. Something like:

  # mmc erase 0 1000

from U-Boot should do the trick.

Cheers,
Jared