Re: Is the Technologic Systems TS-7200 still supported?

On 2019-10-19 20:54, John Rash wrote:
> Is the Technologic Systems TS-7200 still supported in NetBSD 8? The
> install and gzimg files referenced in the install doc don't seem to
> exist on the FTP server for NetBSD 8 or 8.1. I see the files in some
> recent snapshots of -current but maybe the gzimg files are too big to
> fit in the onboard flash?

I can confirm that the TS-7200 works well in NetBSD 8.1.  I've been
doing my own EABI builds for armv4 with a trimmed, modular kernel here:

http://loke.as.arizona.edu/~ckulesa/binaries/NetBSD/8.1/TS7200/

See the README for details.  There's a flashable gzImage, a
network-bootable kernel, and the earmv4 sets.

The patches folder has the following items:

TS7200_INSTALL.patch:  Restores a small MEMORY_DISK_ROOT_SIZE to keep
under 8 MB, required by the TS-7200.

epgpio.patch:  Required to avoid a divide-by-zero panic if you enable
GPIO support on the TS-7200.

files_tsarm.patch, tsadc.c and tsarmreg.patch:
I wrote a basic kernel driver for the MAX197 ADC option on the TS-7200.
These files/patches enable kernel support for the ADC.  tsadc.c goes in
arch/evbarm/tsarm.

I'll check out -current but I believe the standard TS7200 config needs
to be trimmed to get it back under the flash size limit.

Best,
-Craig