Re: Pinebook update from 8.99.50

Eduardo,
I followed your instructions and was able to update my Pinebook from 8.99.50 to 9.99.12. Thank you very much.

On Aug 21, 2019, at 5:45 AM, Eduardo Minguez Perez <e.minguez%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

I wrote this https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=6231 back in the day but I'm not sure if that still works.

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 9:38 PM Ron Georgia <netverbs%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
I apologize if this is a duplicate request. I did search the archives but came up empty. I have a Pinebook which is running 8.99.50 (and very nicely I might add). I downloaded the latest image from invisible.ca. Now the question. Is there a way to upgrade the system to say 9beta or even current or do I need to overwrite the eMMC card and "start over?"

If I remember correctly I can:
1. use sysupgrade utility
2. download the latest kernel and sets for aarch64 and untar them (except etc and xetc).
Say from here:
http://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-9/latest/evbarm-aarch64/binary/sets/
http://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/latest/evbarm-aarch64/binary/sets/

Is this correct?

Ron Georgia
“90% of my problems are due to ignorance, the other 10% is because I just don’t know any better.”