Re: installboot(8) changes for installing u-boot directly to SPI flash (or other raw flash devices)

> On Sep 14, 2019, at 3:07 AM, Tobias Nygren <tnn%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> It's a good addition.  A feature that might be useful is ability to
> have a different input and output block size with option to insert
> padding. The Rockchip SPI stage 1 loader has to have input block size
> of 2kB and output block size of 4kB, i.e. 2kB blocks are interleaved
> with 2kB of NUL bytes. In the U-Boot package I created a special file
> with the padding built in, but if we can handle the padding from the
> tool we can use the same image for both SD-card and SPI.

Oh, interesting.  This seems different even than the output block size that makes the flash happiest (my interpretation of the previous dd examples you and bouyer@ posted is that the obs you used was intended to line up with he flash erase unit size).

Let me think about how to handle this.

-- thorpej