Re: pinebook status update (20190709)

That worked! Thank you very much.

@Jun... thank you for updating rust on your repo. Appreciate it.

On 7/9/19, 12:51 PM, "Harold Gutch" <logix%foobar.franken.de@localhost> wrote:

    On Tue, Jul 09, 2019 at 12:44:13PM -0400, Ron Georgia wrote:
    > Can I assume I simply download http://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jun/aarch64/pinebook/netbsd and replace the /netbsd? I don't see a boot.cfg, so I am assuming the boot process on arm is a little different than x86.

    The Pinebook uses u-boot which loads the sun50i-a64-pinebook.dtb and
    /efi/boot/bootaa64.efi from the FAT partition.  The latter will then
    boot /netbsd from the FFS partition.  Unless something really major
    has changed it should be sufficient to just replace /netbsd.  If you
    want to make sure, download the new kernel as /netbsd.new, then
    interrupt the countdown when booting by pressing space and type
    "boot /netbsd.new".  If everything works, mv /netbsd /netbsd.old and
    mv /netbsd.new /netbsd (and if something breaks you can still "boot
    /netbsd.old").

      Harold