Re: aarch64 rust install failure

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 09:26:15AM -0400, Ron Georgia wrote:
> I have a Pinebook 1080P. I tried to build firefox on it and after three days of building I got the error listed below. I tried to install rustup but got an error; no evbarm. I added evbarm to the rust-init.sh switch statement. Another error I keep running into is libstdc++.so.8 not found.

You are presumably running NetBSD arm64 8.99 on that machine, this comes
with a newer libstdc++. Dirty hack: symlink /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.8 to
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.9, build rust (may take two days) and then delete
the symlink.

That got me a running rustc on my Pinebook 1080P.

No idea about the 404s, but after the symlink hack above rust built
out of the box for me, just took a while.

Kind regards,
            Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison