Re: sysupgrade didn't update kernel on Pi-2

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 09:32:46PM -0700, Hal Murray wrote:

> I used sysupgrade to upgrade a Pi-2 from 8.0 to 8.1.  It seemed to go OK, but
> I didn't get a new kernel.
>
> Is that expected?
>
> What do I type to upgrade the kernel?

You'll also need to update things in /boot - at the very least that
means unpacking an updated kernel ("kernel7.img", grab it from
kern-RPI2.tgz), but possibly also updating your firmware files
(bootcode.bin, start.elf and *.dtb files).  I suppose the easiest way
to get all the latter is by copying them off an armv7.img or from the
smaller rpi_inst.img.gz.

  Harold