Re: BPI-P2 zero questions

> On May 30, 2019, at 2:37 PM, Jason Thorpe <thorpej%me.com@localhost> wrote:
>

>> On May 30, 2019, at 1:26 PM, Dima Veselov <kab00m%lich.phys.spbu.ru@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I own BananaPI P2 Zero board and wish to run NetBSD on it.
>> BPI-P2 Zero is BPI-M2 Zero but have eMMC and PoE support.
>> According to Allwinner NetBSD evbarm wiki this board may
>> be supported like Orange PI Zero (the only board having
>> same H2+ CPU).
>
> The BPI-M2 Zero also has an H2+ SoC.  I would expect that the BPI-M2 Zero u-boot and DTB would be what you want to use for this.

...aaaaand the version of u-boot that is most common in NetBSD pkgsrc (2008.11) does not have a M2 Zero configuration.  However, 2019.04 does, and we have at least one instance of that version of u-boot in pkgsrc (for the BPI-R2).  I'll put together a u-boot package for the M2-Zero and write it to a new image for you to try.  Stay tuned.

>> I have tried recipes from wiki: using armv7.img + u-boot.
>> It works but with different results on different u-boot
>> images.
>>
>> OrangePi Zero u-boot make best result - it boots,
>> try to load PXE, succesfully loading dtb file from tftp, but
>> or with Kernel symbol table missing! on NetBSD stage-2
>> loader.

>> Orange Pi Plus 2E also works, but seem to have problems
>> with network, stage 2 also fail.
>>
>> BPI u-boot do not work at all.
>
> Which BPI u-boot image did you use?
>
>> If someone is interested to help me get it working - I have
>> full logs about this boots and can experiment with the board.
>
> Can you send me logs from your "most successful" run?
>
> -- thorpej

-- thorpej