Re: Setting -mcpu=cortex-a53 breaks build in openssl/lib/libcrypto

Hello,

On Sun, 19 May 2019 08:40:13 +0100
Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> > I think you need -m32 too since -mcpu=cortex-a53 implies a 64bit CPU.

> I don't think it does imply 64-bit CPU, if your compiler was built to
> generate 32-bit code, setting -mcpu=cortex-a53 will generate 32-bit code,
> that's how I build packages from pkgsrc.
> Anyway, adding COPTS+=-m32 results in a different error

Huh, odd.
I had very similar problems on macppc, where adding -mcpu=970 would
result in 64bit code  ( unlike -mtune=970 which just enables
970-specific optimizations but does not change the target CPU ) if not
explicitly forbidden with -m32, with a toolchain built specifically for
32bit CPUs.
So much for consistency I guess.

have fun
Michael