Re: CURRENT broken on Raspberry Pi 2?

ryo%nerv.org@localhost (Ryo Shimizu) writes:

>+int
>+linux_workqueue_init(void)
>+{
>+	static ONCE_DECL(linux_workqueue_init_once);
>+
>+	return RUN_ONCE(&linux_workqueue_init_once, &linux_workqueue_init0);
>+}
>+

linux_workqueue_init is called by DRM. Also linux_workqueue_fini deletes
the key which will never be re-created when you use RUN_ONCE. DRM also
uses RUN_ONCE and I'm not sure if RUN_ONCE allows nested calls.

So yes, something like this is needed, but there are some caveats.

Moving the "linux module" from DRM into common might be one necessary
step.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost