Re: No kernel in RockPro64 image

On 2/25/19 10:32 AM, Robert Swindells wrote:
On boot, I get:

NetBSD/evbarm EFI Boot (aarch64), Revision 1.8 (Fri Feb 22 18:17:22 UTC
2019) (from NetBSD 8.99.34)
Press return to boot now, any other key for boot prompt
booting netbsd - starting in 0 seconds.
open netbsd: Invalid argument
boot: netbsd: Invalid argument
booting netbsd.gz - starting in 0 seconds.
open netbsd.gz: Invalid argument
boot: netbsd.gz: Invalid argument
IME, this is a sign of a bad SD card.

I saw the same errors on my Pinebook to begin with.

I saw the same errors on my Pinebook from the eMMC storage, and your comment scared me...

"Fortunately" it was a trashed disklabel, after forcefully shutting down with the Power key. scan_ffs(8) came to my rescue.

Current kernels appear to get stuck during usb shutdown with devices attached (urwtn, axe, mue here), resulting in a hard freeze or (sometimes) an assertion failure in usb/ehci.c:32.

Cheerio,
hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email	        Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344