Re: NetBSD 6.0 and earmv7hf

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 10:02:34PM +0000, Kulesa, Craig A - (ckulesa) wrote:

> Harold Gutch wrote:
>  > Does "build.sh -m evbarm -a arm" (or perhaps "-m evbarm-el") perhaps
>  > do the job?
>
> I think the main problem in this thread is discussing earmv7hf in the
> context of NetBSD 6.

I understood the original question as the somewhat more general "How
do I build a toolchain for NetBSD 6.0 as it runs on the Apple Time
Capsule?".  The way I understood it, the earmv7hf condition was not
entirely justified but more of an educated guess.

> The question to confirm is: "what is the ABI on the late-generation Time
> Capsules"?
>
> If it's still OABI, the NetBSD 6 pkgsrc packages *should* run on it.

Right, that is pretty much the guess that my suggestion is based on.
It made the most sense to me that Apple simply checked out the 6.0
source code, made the minimal required modifications (removing
everything that isn't needed, crunching the binaries together, ...)
and was done with it.

But sure, if it's *certain* that the Time Capsule kernel has no
support for OABI, my suggestion doesn't help in any way.

  Harold