Booting Jared's image on a Pinebook

Booting one of Jared's aarch64 GENERIC images on a Pinebook via a microSD... the kernel seems to be obviously running ... the USB WiFi adapter lights up at an expected time after powering on, etc.  But I've got nothing on the video.  I guess if I boot into Linux that's still on the eMMC, I can configure the headphone jack as a serial port ... hopefully I can see some useful messages?

Anyway, help?

-- thorpej