Re: Jetson TK1 issues, 8.0 and -current

On 9/24/18 9:35 AM, Jeff Rizzo wrote:

[   1.0000630] tegradrm0 at simplebus0
[   1.0000630] kern info: [drm] Supports vblank timestamp caching Rev 2 (21.10.2013). [   1.0000630] kern info: [drm] No driver support for vblank timestamp query.

I've fixed this, I think.

Great; I'll try a newer -current kernel here as well.

After your fix, I can confirm that a -current kernel does boot to multiuser;  interestingly, the USB hub does work better in -current than in 8.0, in that:

- I can boot with the hub plugged in
- it finds the devices plugged into the hub.

Oddly, while my keyboard works (yay!), a microsoft wheel mouse causes whatever port it's plugged into to become disabled (boo!), though it *does* work plugged into the hub in the keyboard.

Another tidbit:  the "tegra" target on the arm7.img.gz seems to be configured to look for root on ld1, but the SD card shows up as ld0, so I have to specify root by hand with the image.

I'd love to help debug the USB problems in 8.0 with an eye toward a fix in 8.1...

I'd attach a full dmesg, but the default message buffer overflowed with all the devices and timeouts.

+j