Re: Booting Jetson TX1?

On 06/08/2018 06:06, John Klos wrote:
That sounds like an ancient nvidia version, I think you need a mainline
u-boot (like the one build by pkgsrc/sysutils/u-boot-jetson-tx1).

Since the flash tools aren't consistent with the NVIDIA documentation, I wasn't able to flash a u-boot-dtb.bin created from pkgsrc. Instead, I updated to the latest Tegra Linux R28.2.0 package from NVIDIA with u-boot 2016.07-g9c3b9a4 (Mar 01 2018 - 20:40:15 -0800).

Now NetBSD boots, but it hangs for thirty seconds or so here:

[   1.0000000] (devmap va area)
[   1.0000000] VM_MAX_KERNEL_ADDRESS = 0xffffffffffe00000

After that, it boots this far:

[snip]

...and it hangs again!

The only time I've seen things like this has been when an x86 system had certain power savings modes enabled that the kernel didn't handle, and everything would go to sleep (and stop) until interrupts came in from various hardware.

However, I have no idea what could be doing this in the case of a Jetson TX1. Any thoughts?

pci enum

in u-boot seems to fix this.

Nick