Re: AARCH64 booting

Jared McNeill <jmcneill%invisible.ca@localhost> wrote:
> On May 20, 2018, at 10:57 AM, Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> Jared McNeill <jmcneill%invisible.ca@localhost> wrote:
>>> For 64-bit images you need to use "booti" instead of "bootm". Typical
>>> sequence is:
>>>
>>>  fatload mmc 0 ${kernel_addr_r} netbsd.img
>>
>> Do you mean netbsd.ub here ?
>
>Either will work. netbsd.img is the “universal” image that we use on
>arm64.img. It is netbsd.ub with a trailer to make it compatible with the
>RPI firmware.

Ok, I hadn't looked carefully enough at the rpi-mkknlimg.sh script.

>>>  fatload mmc 0 ${fdt_addr_r} ${fdtfile}
>>>  fdt addr ${fdt_addr_r}
>>>  booti ${kernel_addr_r} - ${fdt_addr_r}
>>>
>>> Mainline U-Boot supports ODROID-C2, I strongly suggest you use that
>>> instead of the vendor binaries.
>>
>> Does U-Boot need the ARM trusted firmware to work on aarch64 ?
>
>Depends on the SoC.

The console output from Linux disk images for the board suggests to
me that it is using the trusted firmware.

> The vendor does provide a version of it but it is against their own
> fork of U-Boot, not mainline.

>Does this not work?
>
>http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=configs/odroid-c2_defconfig;h=49461aa350bc6c47a941cd4ddaaa171e94f190dd;hb=HEAD

I don't know.

I don't seem to be able to write a new u-boot to this SD card using
dd(1) without destroying the disklabel. I can write a full image to
this card and have updated u-boot for my Cubietruck on a different
card.