Re: AARCH64 booting

Jared McNeill <jmcneill%invisible.ca@localhost> wrote:
>For 64-bit images you need to use "booti" instead of "bootm". Typical
>sequence is:
>
>   fatload mmc 0 ${kernel_addr_r} netbsd.img

Do you mean netbsd.ub here ?

>   fatload mmc 0 ${fdt_addr_r} ${fdtfile}
>   fdt addr ${fdt_addr_r}
>   booti ${kernel_addr_r} - ${fdt_addr_r}

>Mainline U-Boot supports ODROID-C2, I strongly suggest you use that
>instead of the vendor binaries.

Does U-Boot need the ARM trusted firmware to work on aarch64 ?

The vendor does provide a version of it but it is against their own
fork of U-Boot, not mainline.

I have run out of ideas on how to get a kernel to work, I will put diffs
of what I have done in my directory on ftp.n.o in case it saves someone
else some work.