Re: RPi 3+ ?

mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst) writes:

>I tried netbsd-8 with the new firmware on both RPI3 and RPI3+:

>-> kernel panics in pic.c line 209, the assertion triggers
>   KASSERT(cold || sent_p)

With

revision 1.81
date: 2017-11-04 15:47:06 +0100;  author: jmcneill;  state: Exp;  lines: +5 -2;  commitid: 2OdsBwT0SKqZcJdA;
Firmware after May 8, 2017 places APs in WFE state at boot. Add a "sev"
after writing the start vector, otherwise secondary CPUs will not boot.

pulled into netbsd-8 it boots with the new firmware, no assertion is
triggered anymore.

>-> kernels after pullup#408 (bcm2835_space.c) also have an incoherent
>   framebuffer, similar to what was fixed in bcm2835_space.c 1.15
>   for current.

For some reason the framebuffer is coherent again when booting the
patched netbsd-8 kernel.

On the other hand, booting -current works fine, but the framebuffer
is incoherent.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost