Re: Support for PWM on RPI3 GPIO

hmurray%megapathdsl.net@localhost (Hal Murray) writes:

>BCM2835-ARM-Peripherals.pdf says it has 1 and 1/2.  The other one is a "mini
>uart", just good enough for use as a console.

All RPIs have 1 and 1/2. RPI3 (and RPI0W) use the '1' for bluetooth
and the 1/2 for console. The other RPIs use the '1' for console
while the 1/2 isn't connected.

>There might be some other peripheral you can use as a low tech output only
>device.  The PCM/Audio comes to mind.  I didn't look deep enough to see if
>the serial out pin comes out or only goes to a D/A.

The PCM hardware is as usuable as the PWM hardware. There are also two
I2S channels. Lots of things not yet exposed.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost