Re: Non-bootstrapping Go, COMPAT options

Hello,

Sat, 30 Dec 2017 22:28:45 +0000 (UTC)
John Klos <john%ziaspace.com@localhost> wrote

> anath# ./go_bootstrap
> Abort
>
> Is there no better way to bootstrap Go?

Maybe This is caused by some reasons of Go1.4's problem
and NetBSD/earm's changes.

Please see PR pkg/51653 and my comments.

http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=51653
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bugs/2016/12/04/msg060999.html

My some local changes are not perfect, but it seems to work
for bootstrap in my environment.

https://github.com/oshimaya/go/tree/go1.4-netbsd

In addition, there is pkgsrc's form:

https://github.com/oshimaya/pkgsrc

(Now update lang/{go,go14} for pkgsrc-current.)

Note:
 Now go1.9.x cannot be built in the real armv6 machines
 (ex. Raspberry Pi/zero) with VFP ploblems...

Thanks.

--
Yasushi Oshima