Re: Heads-up: RPI FDTisation committed

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 09:05:06AM +0000, Nick Hudson wrote:
> On 12/15/17 12:40, Nick Hudson wrote:
> >

> >On 14/12/2017 23:35, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>Thanks for your build.sh -m evbearmv6hf-el release fix.
> >>
> >>I have written rpi.img to SD Card and boot it on
> >>Raspberry Pi Model B Revision 2.0 (RAM: 512MB).
> >>And I do not see any green boot message in HDMI display.
> >>Older non-FDTised rpi.img boots properly on same setting.
> >hmm
> >
> >I had all this working and I'm not sure what went wrong with what's
> >been committed. I'll investigate.
> >

> rpi.img works for me
>
> rpi_inst.img doesn't work for me

Just to clarify - does "work / doesn't work" here merely mean "nothing
on HDMI out" or does it not work at all (doesn't ping/ping6)?

I haven't used rpi_inst.img for quite some time, but I do use an
rpi2_inst.img I build from a *very* slightly modified config file
regularly.  The only difference between rpi_inst.conf and my
rpi2_inst.conf is that mine is that rpi2_inst.conf refers to
RPI2_INSTALL at the top and later writes the kernel to kernel7.img
instead of kernel.img.

However, I never have a display connected when installing - I always
connect the Pi directly to another machine, then login in using ssh
via IPv6 link local addresses and install that way.  IPv6 was broken
for a few days about three weeks ago, but other than that (and the
meanwhile fixed breakage after the FDTization) it has worked for me.

  Harold