Re: HEADS UP: rpi firmware and vchiq updates committed

On 01/13/17 07:42, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
Hi Nick,

Am 12.01.2017 um 08:49 schrieb Nick Hudson <skrll%netbsd.org@localhost>:
I just committed an update to rpi firmware and vchiq.
I thought the RPI's firmware was mostly on the board and the SD card, what does that mean?

It means that the firmware built into the images produced by build.sh release is the latest. If you update any existing RPIs then you'll need a kernel with this change

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2017/01/06/msg080565.html

Hopefully newer boards just work.
RPI3?

RPI3 worked before modulo lack of FDT to support automatic attachment of gpio stuff.

Maybe it's just RPI2 v1.2 that's new - I've lost track of raspberry pi hardware.

  - Hubert

Nick