Re: NetBSD-7 build issues with earmv7hf

On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 08:30:40AM +0100, Sad Clouds wrote:
> From mk.conf(5) there is warning that CFLAGS should never be set in
> mk.conf
>
> COPTS          Extra options for the C compiler.  Should be
> appended to (e.g., COPTS+=-g), rather than explicitly set.  Note that
> CPUFLAGS, not COPTS, should be used for compiler flags that select
> CPU-related options.  Also note that CFLAGS should never be set in
> mk.conf.

Yes, I know I'm in unsupported terrritory there, but -pipe does not change
generated code and there is no real harm done if it sometimes is not
added due to CFLAGS being reset elsewhere.

In general you are right, and the advice in mk.conf(5) is correct.

Now let's try to spot the bogus COPTS comparison that breaks your build
(should be easy to reproduce locally now).

Martin