How to "upgrade" RPI? (I got a panic)

While messing with zebra and ospfd, I found that I could consistently
recreate a panic on my raspberry pi with netbsd-current from December.
I haven't upgraded it because I don't know how to do it without wiping
it out and starting over. Which I'd rather not do.

Is there some method to upgrade that's better than another?

I plan on building a release from current in the next few days and
trying again before I mention the panic in case it's fixed.

Andy