Re: Raspberry Pi 3 and USB?

Have you seen "Rainbow rectangle" like this?
https://twitter.com/felis_silv/status/713667443638415360

If so,need more powerful power supply.(smells like for IPAD) ,
or loss-less USB cable.

I haven't, but that's good to know. But I did test it with a 2 amp power supply intended for an Intel Compute Stick, and got the same results, so it doesn't seem related to power.

I spent so much time trying to figure out a pattern than I didn't realize that it boots all the way when the board has been off for a while (cool), it reboots just fine, but doesn't boot from power-on if it's warm.

I stuck it in the freezer for a few minutes, and it booted!

So now I wonder if this is (1) a hardware issue like the light sensitivity issue here:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/xenon-death-flash-a-free-physics-lesson/

or (2) an issue with NetBSD's initialization being super-close to some timing threshold, or (3) I have a faulty board.

I'll put a bunch of print statements between

usb0 at dwctwo0: USB revision 2.0
and
timecounter: Timecounter "clockinterrupt" frequency 100 Hz quality 0

so perhaps we can see where it's stopping.

John