watchdog on Beaglebone Black

Hi,

It seems that newer Beaglebone Blacks have their watchdog enabled by u-boot. I never ran in to this because my u-boot precedes this change, but a netbsd-7 kernel on a new Beaglebone Black reboots after a minute.

According to this post, the FreeBSD folks fixed it by disabling watchdog. I don't understand how that works. The watchdog code shouldn't start the watchdog until something actually pokes the watchdog, right?

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arm/2014-April/007932.html

How are people currently getting their BBB working without reboots?

John