Re: booting BeagleBoneGreen

On Wed, 13 Jan 2016, John D. Baker wrote:

> > https://github.com/mihaiolteanu/xinu-beaglebone-howto
>
> This is exactly the case.  Following the instructions for disabling
> the watchdog from U-Boot, my BBG was able to complete a network boot.

Before I first tried the instructions at the URL above, NetBSD would see
the micro-SD card (although it would get reset before completing startup).

Since then, NetBSD only sees the onboard eMMC device and the microSD
card produces the following:

[...]
sdhc0 at obio0 addr 0x48060100-0x48060fff intr 64sdhc0: EDMA tx channel 24, rx channel 25
: SDHC controller (EDMA)
sdhc0: SDHC 2.0, rev 49, platform DMA, 96000 kHz, HS, 1024 byte blocks
sdmmc0 at sdhc0 slot 0
sdhc0: INIT Procedure timeout
[...]
sdmmc0: couldn't supply bus power
sdmmc0: couldn't enable card: 22
[...]

It seems the sdhc/sdmmc driver can detect device insertion, yes?  When
I had first gotten NetBSD to complete a network boot, I inserted the
microSD card while powered up.  The console immediately produced:

sdmmc0: couldn't supply bus power
sdmmc0: couldn't enable card: 22

and the machine, when running NetBSD, has not been able to detect the
microSD card ever since (regardless of whether the watchdog has been
disabled through U-Boot).

The microSD card otherwise works to boot a Debian 8 image and is visible
when the eMMC-resident Debian 7 boots.