Re: booting BeagleBoneGreen

On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 03:44:31 +0000 (UTC), mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael
van Elst) wrote:

> jdbaker%mylinuxisp.com@localhost ("John D. Baker") writes:

> >Booting the pre-installed Linux presents a disk device:

> >Jan 11 19:57:08 skuld /netbsd: sd0 at scsibus0 target 0 lun 0: <Linux, File-CD Gadget, 0308> disk removable
> >Jan 11 19:57:08 skuld /netbsd: sd0: 98304 KB, 96 cyl, 64 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 196608 sectors
> That's a tiny USB disk simulated by the running Linux, it's not the Linux disk itself.

Perhaps I should have been clearer, for the benefit of anyone else who
tries.  The instructions that came with the BBG claim that it will show
up as a disk and that one can open the on-board web-site documents
directly as files on that disk.  The instructions also claim it will
present a USB network device (presumedly "cdce") and one may access it
thusly.  While the Linux distribution configures a "usb0" network
interface, it does not show up on the NetBSD host when the board has
booted.

Then again, the instructions probably assume one is using redmondOS on
their host, so all bets are off.

> >Cribbing notes from OpenBSD, I set about netbooting the machine.
> If it is like BeagleBoneBlack, it should boot NetBSD from an SD card.

Yes, but my expectation and preference is to boot it over the network
and operate as a diskless station.  I do not yet have a microSD card
available.

> >sdmmc1: unknown CARD_TYPE: 0x17
> >sdmmc1: mem init failed
> >ld1 at sdmmc1: <0xfe:0x014e:P1XXXX:0x00:0x8bff58d5:0x000>
> >ld1: 1024 MB, 1040 cyl, 32 head, 63 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 2097152 sectors
> >ld1: 1-bit width, bus clock 96.000 MHz
> This is embedded storage device with the Linux installation.

Yes.  This is the eMMC device on the board but according to the BBG
description/specification it should be 4096MB, not 1024MB.

> >sdmmc0: couldn't enable card: 60
> Here could an SD card (with NetBSD) appear as 'ld0'.

That is obvious but as above I don't have one yet.