re: RPI using recent image boots with non functioning gateway

Hi Andy

(I'm not subbed to this list and copied the email and indented correctly, but
it may not appear in a threaded list, sorry for that. As such, include me
directly on any replies please.)

> When dhcpcd gets the IP info, the gateway doesn't work. Pings to the
> DNS server fail.
>
> If I do route delete on the default gateway, then add back the exact
> same info, it starts working. This happens every time it boots, I have
> to do this manual step to make the default gateway work.
>
> What's happening? What info should I gather? netstat -rn looks exactly
> the same before and after.

Unsure what the cause could be if netstat -rn looks exactly the same.
Do pings to the gateway work?

If you remove the fault routes and then issue a dhcpcd -n command, dhcpcd will
then re-add the route again. Does it still fail to work?

Trying to work out of this is a dhcpcd issue, or a kernel issue.

I have two ARM boards I can test dhcpcd on, but they are running OpenWRT and
not NetBSD.

Roy