Re: NFS writes being corrupted?

On 8/4/15 1:13 PM, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
On 8/4/15 4:20 AM, Robert Swindells wrote:
David Holland wrote:

Does that size vary with the NFS block size?

Yep.  Reducing blocksize to 8192 makes it barf on 8192+ byte files.

Also is it using UDP or TCP ?

TCP, but I just confirmed UDP has the problem too.

The symptoms make me think of scrambled mbufs, if anything...
My guess is that the panics that wiz and I saw in the checksum code
on amd64 were also due to scrambled mbufs.

My cubietruck seems fine using awge(4), I have built a fair number of
packages over NFS recently.

Robert Swindells

Looks like awge(4) is seeing output errors:

Name Mtu Network Address Ipkts Ierrs Opkts Oerrs Colls awge0 1500 <Link> 00:1e:06:c3:49:c1 189582 0 134261 222 0

Not sure of what variety, though. The oerrs go up when reading a large file (90M) which checksums properly, but DON'T go up when writing/reading an 8k file which gets corrupted.

+j

I finally got around to sticking a USB interface (urtwn0) in and testing NFS over that... it was PAINFULLY SLOW - took well over a minute to copy a 4MB test file. But, the test file copied with no corruption!

This would seem to indicate a problem with the particular interface (awge0), perhaps specific to the odroid-c1, as opposed to some l2 cache controller issue, which is kind of where I was leaning before. However, my banana pi has awge0 as well, but does not exhibit this corruption.

Any suggestions what to try/test next gratefully accepted - I would really love to get nfs working on this board.

+j