Re: stability inquiry

On Sat, 01 Aug 2015 at 09:09:42 -0453, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
>I have a RPiB+ purpose purchased to use as a firewall on my LAN,
>inboard of a TPLink router which is in turn inboard of my cable-modem.
>I have all hardware ready to go, & just downloaded the NetBSD 7.0_RC2
>image for earmv6hf to configure for this purpose. I recall a post
>onlist (I think) that said something about the image now being sized
>for a 2 GB thumb drive. I am using an 8 GB drive. Do the instructions
>on the website about increasing FS size using fdisk still (reliably)
>hold ? Any other expected gotcha's ? I will be using a USB-to-RJ45
>adapter for the 2nd (wired) network interface, any problems
>anticipated there ? TIA for any clues & have a nice weekend.

I've used a D-Link DUB-E100, a.k.a. axe(4) without any issues on an
older Pi board than yours. You won't need to worry about lingering
endianess bugs here, so if your USB ethernet is supported by NetBSD,
it should just work. (I think.)

I increased the file system size from the image using that method.
That was some time ago, so I can't say if things have changed since.

When you install off the image, it may have the wrong ownership for
some /dev items. I don't know if they've fixed that since, but when I
used the image some time ago, it carried over permissions from the
build server's environment (a non-existent UID in my environment),
and I had to manually fix them.

Regards,

Dave