Re: big endian support?

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 10:49:28PM +0200, Christof Meerwald wrote:
> I see that there are big endian ARMv7 kernel builds for some boards on
> http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/ , but not as many as little
> endian kernel builds

For the bi-endian cores we typically build only little endian.
To do a big endian version, just use build.sh and specify for examle
-m evbearmv7hf-eb.

For cortex A7 the kernel switches the CPU early at startup, so
just booting a different kernel will do the trick.

There are regular test runs on a cubietruck running big endian mode:

	http://www.netbsd.org/~martin/evbearmv7hf-atf/

so our support for it is pretty good.

Martin