Re: building an RPI image that can be used via SSH

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Hubert Feyrer <hubert%feyrer.de@localhost> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my RPI doesn't like the serial console - I get output, but I cannot type
> anything. It's hard to use the existing images that way: SSH login as root
> fails because root cannot login via SSH, and if so, the root account has an
> empty password and SSH doesn't allow that.
>
> How about adding a separate (non-root) user with a known password,
> that has su(8) permissions (is in the wheel group)?
>
> The patch below does that and works for me...
>
> What do you think?
> Other ideas how to make use of our images without a serial console?

The other obvious thing would be to enable dhcp on the network
interface as well if that isn't already done.

The RPI has a HDMI port for a console monitor, I'm guessing you don't use that?

It seems like a useful thing to do for all NetBSD machines that have a
serial console as the primary input method.

Andy