Re: Port for Atmel SAMA5D3-Xplained

> On Jun 24, 2015, at 2:49 PM, Dominic Ladislaus <dominic.ladislaus%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> I am trying to get NetBSD for the SAMA5D3-Xplained evaluation board (based on ARM Cortex-A5 processor. )
> If one is not available, which one of the existing ports is a suitable starting point from which to try and get the very basics working (i.e. MMU, clock, interrupt controller and serial port).?

ODROID-C1 is based on the A5 so it should be closest.
But not that close.

Atmel has made your task extra difficult.

They use their own interrupt controller instead of a GIC.
They use their own timers instead of the A9 or ARM generic timers.
They use their own uart instead of a common ns16550.

Good news, it’s a uniprocessor so you don’t have worry MP support.

Have fun and good luck.