Re: evbarm,armeb: distribution build fails with error "non-terminated string echo armcp... at source line 37"

>>> = 1

>>> I'm building on Linux and I am using a script to make sure everything is in
>>> clean order.
>>
>> I don't see what is wrong in the script and the quoting, still nbawk is
>> obviously passed something wrong:
> [..]
>> I don't see anything wrong here, so my wild guess would be a shell bug.
>> This all is run with HOST_SH, so probably bash in your build environment?
>
> On my system (GNU/Debian Linux amd64) /bin/sh is a symlink to dash
> (not bash) and my interactive shell is bash.
[..]
> I think the better alternative would have been to try to use bash as
> the HOST_SH, so I'll try that now and get back with the results in a
> few hours (doing a clean build, including tools, to avoid any
> contamination from the previous run).

I got the same results with /bin/sh linked to bash and HOST_SH set as /bin/bash

I am using this script to do the clean builds:

https://github.com/eddyp/netbsd-build-scripts/blob/master/cleanbuild_bisect.sh

--
Eddy Petrișor