Re: ongoing vi issues ....

On 05/19/15 13:57, David Laight wrote:
On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 08:35:55AM -0500, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:

.... When using 'vi' under NetBSD-7 (see uname below), logged in from a
FreeBSD 9.3R box (see other uname :-) ), newly fully updated as of this
A.M. (base & pkg's), under a rxvt-tcsh shell in the FBSD box,
specifically the 'ctrl-e' command, reliably crashes the terminal window
on the FBSD box.
Try running vi under script (or even ktrace) to find the output character
sequence that causes the crash.

Might be an unsupported escape sequence, or a character with the top bit
set generating an invalid UTF-8 sequence.

	David

Thanks for the reply. I have since moved to using xterm to access the RPi, I needed stuff to work, not spend time chasing stuff down. Under xterm, everything works seamlessly, so I am off to the races for the moment. I agree w/ your assessment that it is probably some unexpected/unsupported character sequence causing the issue, I just don't want to spend the time chasing it, since xterm is working AOK, sorry. Thanks again :-).

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.