Re: New ARMADA ethernet driver

Hi.

> On 3 May 2015, at 17:37, SUENAGA Hiroki <hsuenaga%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> I implement a new MARVELL ARMADA's ethernet dirver using 'counter mode.'
> if_mvgbe is still working, but registers used by if_mvgbe is not
> described in reference manual, so I think using new mode is better.
> It's hard to maintain the undescribed features...

Very cool! I'll try testing this with Armada XP dev board DB-MV784MP-GP.

As far as I remember, mvgbe with Armada XP is using a kind of compatibility mode that makes the ethernet interface behave as in earlier Marvell SoCs. Officially the way mvgbe work with Armada is not supported by Marvell (that's why these registers aren't described in the manual). The original Armada XP port that I committed to CVS did not have ethernet driver at all. It was kiyohara@ that later added the mvgbe support for Armada XP.

--
Best regards,
Radoslaw Kujawa