Ongoing vi issues under NetBSD-7 on the RPi ....

.... I am having ongoing problems using vi under NetBSD-7 on my RPi. The problems are not as severe as before (crashing my ssh login, including the rxvt terminal window on the remote box (!!!!!)), but are irritating. When paging down, I often get artifacts from previous text interleaved in the program source I am viewing. A 'ctrl-l' clears everything up, but is inconvenient & raises trust issues w/ how the combo of vi/NetBSD-7/rxvt/FreeBSD 9.3R is working together to process text. I am not planning any heavy developement on this box, but this is still irritating, since I use vi on various config files, etc. I haven't detected any problems w/ the results so far, for the record, but am still antsy about it .... TIA & keep up the good work ....

BTW:

rpi # uname -a
NetBSD rpi 7.0_BETA NetBSD 7.0_BETA (RPI.201503272230Z) evbarm
rpi #

and on the remote box:

[root@kabini1, /etc, 8:51:16am] 569 % uname -a
FreeBSD kabini1.local 9.3-RELEASE-p10 FreeBSD 9.3-RELEASE-p10 #0: Tue Feb 24 21:28:03 UTC 2015 root%amd64-builder.daemonology.net@localhost:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64