Re: RPi/RPi2 clarification

On 03/20/15 03:04, Nick Hudson wrote:
On 03/19/15 20:46, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:

I see on http://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/raspberry_pi/ it says Raspberry Pi & Pi2 to be part of NetBSD-7. It also says to use earmv6hf for both boards. I notice a gzimg for rpi under nerbsd-7/.../earmv6hf/.../gzimgs/. Does that earmv6hf image support SMP, i.e. multi-core CPU, since RPi2 is a quad core ?

Not yet. The interrupt handling code needs work to allow all CPUs to be used.

I noticed farther down it says that needs work .... Does it work at all, or just single core ? TIA & keep up the good work.

RPI2 works with a single (900Hz) CPU.

Nick

No problema, I was asking because the Odroid-C1 port say it does support SMP, I was not (at all) clear on how much cross-over there might be between those 2 ports. I am actually leaning (a bit) towards the Odroid, so this may be moot .... Thanks again & keep up the good work :-).

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.