Re: Kernel ELF entry point

On 11/10/14 07:10, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
Unfortunately NetBSD kernel build infrastructure can't differentiate
kernel configuration from how it's loaded (load address, entry
address).  Consequently you have to use workarounds, not a solution.

Defining ENTRYPOINT seems perfectly reasonable to me.

I'm wondering that kernel should be always provided as a relocatable,
so that it can be linked against different load addresses.  I've
received only negative reactions, though.

You have had mostly questions about the value of using a relocatable stage to solve
the MI linker script as far as I can tell.

Are there any others? For example, how about generating a linker script from MI and MD parts
at for use at final link time?

Nick