Re: microsd card for rpi?

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014, at 18:03:39 +0200, Zoran Kolic wrote:
>Just as a subject says, I read forums and articles
>and learnt that class 10 was not that perfect for rpi.
>Also, forums dislike this or that manufacturer.
>What should I use as a safe choice? Class 6? I could
>get samsung 32gb model, class 6, named MS32DA.
>In my area also are easy ti find transcend, kingston,
>sandisk, sony...
>I'd appreciate an opinion on the topic.
>
>                         Zoran

Hello,

I've been using a Kingston class 4 4GB card on my Raspberry Pi for
around a year without any issues. (I didn't need a faster speed or
larger capacity, as I'm not storing anything besides the base OS on
my machine; it's mostly used for streaming data. So I can't comment
on reliability in terms of intensive disk writes, as I've avoided
those, except for somewhat regular OS upgrades. But for my use,
certainly that card has held up.)

Regards,

Dave