Very quick documentation for new raspberry PI sysinst

I plan to write this up more formally, but for now, here is documentation on
using sysinst to install your raspberry pi.  This is an alternative
installation method to using the rpi.img, and growing the root filesystem.
Chose whichever you like between the two, however, this one will allow you to
install without using a console/keyboard.

1) Grab a copy of rpi_inst.img.gz. The daily builds should have it.  I just
committed a fix to sysinst, so you might want to wait a day or two.
(releng.netbsd.org).  It's -current only, so you will need to use that, not
6.0.

2) dd the rpi_inst.img file (after gunzipping it) to the target sd card.

3) If you want to make things easier, you can download the sets (base.tgz,
etc.tgz, etc etc) from releng, and put them on a USB memory stick.
Alternatively, you can point sysinst at an NFS mount with them.  I'm not sure,
but I think you can also grab them via ftp during install, by pointing sysinst
at the releng ftp server.

4) Boot the pi with the sd card in it. It will grab a dhcp IP.

5) You have two choices now, you can use a USB keyboard/monitor to run sysinst
to install, or you can ssh in to the DHCP address as user "sysinst" password
"netbsd".  Either one of these actions will start sysinst.

6) Once in sysinst, here are the answers to a bunch of the questions it will
ask you up front:

Select Raspberry PI for board type
a: Install NetBSD to hard disk
If it asks which disk, pick ld0.
pick full install (or alternatively, you can not install X if you like)
take the defaults for number of sectors/heads on the drive
Use the whole disk
yes, overwrite the existing partitions
a: Set sizes of NetBSD partitions
Adjust if necc, or leave default, pick "accept"

In the example of a 4GB drive, here is how it should look if you left the
defaults:
4GB Example:
 We now have your BSD-disklabel partitions as:
 This is your last chance to change them.

    Start  MB   End  MB  Size  MB FS type    Newfs Mount Mount point
 a:        60      3632      3573 FFSv1      Yes   Yes   /
 b:      3633      3764       131 swap
 c:         0      3764      3765 Whole disk
 d:         0         0         0 unused
 e:         4        59        56 Boot partition       Yes   /boot
 f:         0         0         0 unused
 g: Show all unused partitions
 h: Change input units (sectors/cylinders/MB)
>x: Partition sizes ok

Leave partition e alone, the rpi needs that for the boot volume.

Please enter a name for your NetBSD disk : take default
Continue?  Yes

Now pick the sets, tell it where to find them, and go forth and install.

Near the end of the install, it will ask if you want to configure some things.
You should probably create a user for yourself, and put it in group wheel, so
you can su to root from it.

When done configuring, reboot.  The PI will automatically grab a dhcp address
and start sshd.

One note, if you install via ssh, after the install, it will re-generate the
ssh host key, so you will need to delete it from your known_hosts file to
connect to the newly minted machine.

I've tested this on a 4GB card, and an 8GB card, both worked for me.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/